3.26.2010

a tooth and an update

I can't believe that my baby is almost 6 months old. It has gone so fast already. We are loving our little hazelnut so much. She is adored my her big sister Goldie. She always has a smile for any lucky person that talks to her.  She is so so smiley.  I love it in the morning when she so politely lets me know she is awake and ready for her mama... she starts to stir and makes cute little peeps. as soon as I lift my head enough to see in her little bed she smiles so big. I love to scoop her up and snuggle and kiss and pat my little Hazel. She loves it when I pat on her tummy and poke at her little chest. Goldie was not much of a laughing baby and Hazel isn't too giggly either, especially compared to little Lottie who laughs and laughs and laughs... but I know just how to get my little Hazel to grace us with her perfectly sweet laugh. Oh yes and she is working on a little tooth in the gummy grin of hers... I just spotted it tonight. Oh I love this face.


Goldie Goldie Goldie. She is something else, that girl. She is living up to her name that I often called her when she was a screaming darling little baby, that I loved so much... my horrible adorable.  She is such a smart little thing.  She is constantly surprising her dad and me with the things she says and does. Goldie is a chatty little squirrel.... she is always telling me how things are "much better"... I change her diaper "oh Mom, that's much better" I lay a blanket over her while she's watching a show "That's much better".... i refill her sippy cup "thank you mom, that's much better". Another adorable thing she says is  NO...to everything... not so adorable.  It is an automatic... even when I KNOW she wants it or she has asked for it. So we have introduced "no thank you" into our vocabulary. It's amazing how much more bearable it is to hear "no thank you" even if it is said 17 times by my child that has morphed in to a gremlin.  G loves all things small (and they always have to have a mommy and daddy... rocks, dolls, turtles, leaves... you name it) She loves princesses and shoes (that she often calls her glass slippers) She is always playing pretend.  She and her dad have had many a tea parties in the front room... my favorite thing is when she is pretending there is some sort of crisis for example, her doll has her hand stuck between the wall and her toy chest or her puppy is slipping and need me to grab its paw.  One thing is for sure. Goldie Loves her Daddy. today when John was leaving for work Goldie called to him as he was leaving, "daddy, dont go... I'm going to miss you" We love that Girl. 

4 comments:

  1. cute little updates! they are both getting so big - i can't believe hazel is 6 months! crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, so cute. isn't it funny how pre-kids you thought you'd be totally disciplined and teach them to behave perfectly...but now when olivia is a little monster tot i have to stop myself from laughing instead of correcting her.. maybe that's just me?? 2 cute kids, shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the type of posts you will cherish when rereading them some day. So cute. I love those little girls.

    ReplyDelete

tell me what you think.